Formal Letter of Introduction

My name is Anastasia, and this name is quite complicated to pronounce not only for Americans but in general for people from other countries, especially my last name because in our culture people adore giving long names to their children because in their opinion it is lovely and unusual. But my name is not so unique, in all Slavic cultures this name is prevalent since ancient Russia.

So you have already guess where I come from. And despite its many problems, I am proud of my nationality, because in our culture parents give perfect upbringing to their children, we are taught from childhood to study our history, since we have it very rich and it can be compared with a fairytale, because during the whole time there were a lot of wars and battles, emperors, kings, acts of joining lands, etc.

It so happened that the climate in this country is cold and some foreigners think we still have bears walking the streets. Therefore, people here are depressed; they think only about their problems and go into themselves. Even if you compare the musical repertoire of all countries and ours, you will understand that Russia is a minor country, and for example, America is a major one. Or you may try to read the Russian classics, absolutely anyone, you will never find a happy ending, no matter how hard you try, but any rational person having read the secondary school repertoire for the first time, would want to go away and not to return. But there are also pluses here -you can find your morality everywhere find your and our culture is built on this. After reading and understanding bad ends, a person realizes what to do and what not to do. For example, not to kill, not to steal, not to suffer because of ungrateful men, to love yourself and not to be humiliated, respect your origin and be a patriot you can list these things forever.

All these seemingly negative factors taught me a lot, and I consider myself a reasonably developed person, and although my parents have lived in Russia all their life and traveled a lot, they always knew that I needed to study abroad, because this is an excellent opportunity to find yourself and become a personality. They gave me a decent upbringing, taught me compassion, mercy, but at the same time, they built the core and composure on me. I started talking about books because my mother taught me to read diverse literature and delve into every word because creating a picture in my head is much more interesting than looking at the screen and not thinking about anything. As for American literature, I am impressed by the classic like Jack London books, and contemporary Stephen King, so they are very different, but each of them has its unique style and style of writing.

It is also essential that I love to write essays, letters and do write homework because from my school time the teachers taught us to do it beautifully and taught us to write, because before there were no such resources as email and phones, so school teachers still adhere to the old ways of teaching. And if something did not work out for me according to the letter, my mother could tear up all my notebook and force me to rewrite, and I am grateful to her for that. Writing skills were also useful for me to enter the university because I wrote a motivation letter and an essay on an international exam. And by the way, at the City College, I try to choose more classes where I have to write a lot than to speak because it brings me more pleasure, if only because I can think here before writing.

So, something I can say about myself is that as for me, the most significant is the main self-development and purposefulness. To make people think you are not just a human – being. I am open to new knowledge, people and challenges. I’m ready to fight with any obstacles. My major is Economics although, to be honest, I’m not sure this is my way of life, today the economy is the way to everything.

I’m a very creative person with drawing and playing musical instruments. Since my head works in the direction of creativity, I would like to become a music critic and publish my magazine, where all the music fields and news in the world of music would be seen, or I could open a musical union or center. Also, it is quite possible to do this with financial education, and I am interested in this because I consider music as the cleverest that humankind could come up with. It can affect our brain, condition, and even organs. By my example, I can say that music saved me from depression. Neither friends nor parents, especially not doctors kept me but only music. For instance, what is the cost of going to a concert? When you feel how rhythms reach your heart, and this gives you a surge of strength and endorphins. Thanks to this letter, I found a goal for myself, and now I will go for it although I did not completely understand what I wanted and who I want to be now I know.